Are you facing difficult times and don’t know where to turn?
Are you looking for help with everyday needs?
Do you have something you want to donate to those less fortunate?
Are you wanting to volunteer?
Dialing 2-1-1 is your first step. 2-1-1 is a free, easy to remember number to dial for information about health and human service organizations in your community. By dialing 2-1-1, information is much easier to find. (click here)
You will speak with a real person every time. Call Specialists will assess your needs, help to problem solve and refer you to community-based organizations, government programs, support groups, and other local resources that can help.
What kind of services can we refer you to?
Our 2-1-1 program provides residents living in Barbour, Coffee, Covington, Dale, Geneva, Henry and Houston counties in Alabama with free access to community resources through information and referral (I&R). This access includes personal assistance by telephone and online through a searchable database of services (here), including the following:
- Child Care Resource and Referral
- Clothing and Thrift Shops
- Consumer Services
- Crisis Services
- Discrimination Assistance
- Domestic and Sexual Violence Services
- Education—GED Instruction, Computer Classes, College Entrance Assistance
- Employment Services
- Food Shelves and Nutrition Programs
- Health Care Services
- Alcohol and Drug Programs
- Housing—Homeless Prevention, Shelter, Tenants’ Rights
- Independent Living Services
- Legal Assistance
- Mental Health Care and Counseling
- Military, Family and Community Network
- Parenting Programs
- Senior Information & Assistance
- Stop Smoking Programs
- Support Groups
- Youth and Family Services
- Veteran Services
- Wellness Programs
- And More...
If dialing 2-1-1 will not work on your phone, dial toll-free 1-888-421-1266